My Challenge Today:
All our dreams …
All our dreams can come true,
if we have the courage to pursue them.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them … absolutely!! We definitely need courage, commitment and consistency to make our dreams come true. We have to make choices, we have to focus our attention on that which will support all our dreams. When we take the time to focus, listen to our heart and devise a plan of action, we are more likely to achieve all our dreams.
- Realize that goal setting and working long-term is a process. Setting goals – especially long-term ones – takes time and careful consideration. It’s not something you can accomplish in one day, it’s your blueprint, take your time. There is no need to rush and it’s best to stay flexible with your plan ~ it will likely change as you learn and grow.
- Match the goals with your strengths, talents and ambitions. It’s important that you match your goals with your strengths and your special talents. Your goals must be within your sphere of competence, interest and burning desire. Taking an aptitude test can help you find your strengths, innate talents and hidden abilities.
- Set audacious, adventurous and courageous goals. Live big, think big and shoot for the moon. Your life is too precious to settle for anything less than your burning desire. Make your goals realistic and challenging. Go out on a limb, pull something out of the closet, off that shelf and go for it! Go big with your long-term goals – it is recommended to have short-term, 1 year, 3 year, 5 year and 10 year goals ~ What would you like to accomplish in 10 years?
- Have a strong “why” connecting your goal to your personal values. You have to overcome obstacles in the pursuit of your goals, this is part of the journey, education, and process. That’s why you must have a strong “why”. Have a mission you believe in, it will sustain you through difficult times and guide you when making decisions.
- Start with a draft, remember your goal is the blueprint to your vision. It does not need to be perfect because you will be adjusting the plan as you learn, but you need to start with something. Set some goals to begin your journey and find something in the intersection between your strengths, passions, and aspirations. Use a pencil with a good eraser and remember it’s a work in progress, just like you!
- Adjust your plan as you learn, grow and develop. Your goals may seem blurry in the beginning, but as you keep moving toward your desired outcome – they will become sharper and sharper. Your clarity will improve as you master your time and the goal setting process. A practice I find useful is to write down all of the ideas and inspirations I get along the way. That helps me to clarify my direction, refine my goals and process.