Your Daily Challenge:
Evaluate where you are, what you are doing, and where you want to go…
Take the attitude of a student,
never be too big to ask questions,
never know too much to learn something new.
Examine all areas of your life, look under the covers, peek into the dark closets
Any areas of your life that need attention to create a more balanced life?
Is your current Lifestyle supporting all of your health goals?
Are you on target with your SMARTER GOALS?
The nine areas of a Living Fit Lifestyle include:
- Physical – When your body is in good shape, strong, fit and flexible (not necessarily skinny), you have energy to do the things you want to do. We are talking fit here! When you are physically fit, you have the freedom to enjoy the rest of your life. You have the freedom to do the things you want and be the type of support you want for your family and friends. Taking good care of your body is essential to having your body take care of you for the long haul!
- Financial – Financial pressure is one of the top stressors in life. Feeling like it’s a challenge to support yourself, struggling to keep up with your family’s financial needs can be very damaging to your health and your relationships. Getting your financial health in order will support your physical health.
- Family – Sometimes families present some of our biggest emotional challenges. Family dynamics, sibling rivalries, jealousies, insecurities, and competition have the potential to infect an otherwise happy family. Learning healthy communication strategies, conflict resolution skills and practicing an attitude of gratitude have the power to truly transform your health by eliminating unnecessary stress in your relationships. In addition, practicing mindfulness in listening and communicating with your family, friends and others is a healthy approach to relating.
- Education – Continuing to learn and grow as individuals is an fundamental part of life. We are not necessarily talking about going back to school for an advanced degree, although that’s great if it’s on your bucket list. We are suggesting that we continue to explore all of our personal interests, adding excitement to our life. This could be something as simple as learning photography, cooking, ballroom dancing or salsa, playing Bridge, SCUBA, whatever tickles your fancy. This is about your personal growth, stimulating your imagination, adding dimension and pleasure to your life. Finding ways to keep your brain and enthusiasm active, engaged and alive!
- Career – It is believed that each person will have up to 3-5 careers in their lifetime. Our career can be anything from being a stay at home mom managing a healthy household to a Lawyer or Entrepreneur. It doesn’t really matter what career we choose, what matters is that we are consciously contributing to society and that career is somehow feeding our soul or purpose. Zeroing in on a career that supports your financial goals as well as one that inspires, motivates and rewards you is a tremendous asset to your overall healthy lifestyle.
- Attitude – “Slow down and smell the roses” It’s a great sentiment! Sometimes we forget, we get caught up in little day-to-day annoyances that can be so subtle that we don’t even realize it until it’s too late and has affected our attitude in a big way. Our thoughts grow negative and that trend gains momentum, until finally we don’t recognize ourselves anymore. We feel unloved and unappreciated, and no one is going to convince us any differently! OK, that’s a little extreme, but it can happen, a less-than stellar week at work, the kids have been sick, the weather is troublesome, the car broke down and the neighbors are annoying. That’s exactly why we practice an attitude of gratitude on a daily basis, taking time to reflect on the little pleasure that make our hearts sing everyday, it helps!
- Home – How is your home? Messy, cluttered, or in need of repairs? Our homes are an outward expression of our attitudes and have energetic effects on our physical health. Clutter in our living space creates anxiety, its frustrating and constantly signals to our brains that the work is never done! When we are living in a space that is clean, clear and pleasant to enter, it is peaceful, supportive and adds to the quality of our lives.
- Community – A strong community benefits an individual, the community as well our society as a whole. People of all ages who feel a sense of belonging tend to lead happier and healthier lives. Strong communities create a more stable and supportive society. A community is generally thought of as a sense of cohesiveness among a group of people, a support system and a safe place to share and explore. The idea of community may simply come down to supporting and interacting positively with other individuals who share a common interest. Whether your interest is in the well-being of your neighborhood or the well-being of your global community, having an active role in a community has many healthy benefits.
- Pleasure – How do we say ‘fun’? How many ways do you add fun into your days? Friends, games, family, pets, romance, sex, hobbies ~ all valuable ways to get more fun into your life. Just as we are each unique with our own special gifts and talents, we also have our own unique ways of enjoying life. Part of this game is to make sure that we keep pleasure an active part of our SMARTER GOALS. We are not here to focus solely on weight loss, exercise and working harder ~ having fun is a vital part of a healthy lifestyle. Adventure, travel, movies, theatre, concerts, you name it ~ go for it ~ make it a regular part of your Living Fit Lifestyle!