You know, me being me, I have to adapt most recipes because I probably don’t have all the ingredients on hand exactly as things are written and I have somehow gotten it into my head that I must try this. It’s true ~ and once you spend enough time in the kitchen cooking, you can usually tell (not always) what recipe is going to taste good and what substitutions you can make without sacrificing the entire dish. So here too, I was inspired by a recipe that was given to me by a client and wanted to give it a shot. So I did the best I could with the ingredients I had in the kitchen and the results were spectacular.
This recipe can be prepared into meatballs too! Add the meatballs to the Classic Tomato Sauce and serve it on a whole grain bun for a fabulous meatball hero, or layer the sausage and sauce into a light lasagna for a real-man satisfying dinner! You can even mix this sauce with brown rice and organic spinach and stuff peppers for another elegant meal.
- 2 LBS Chicken - ground white meat - very lean
- ¾ Cup red wine or tomato juice
- 2 T Chia seeds - ground
- 2 T garlic - finely minced
- 1T fennel seed
- 1t dried basil
- 1t dried oregano
- ½ t dried thyme
- ½ t fresh black pepper ground
- 2 t celtic salt
- ½ t crushed red pepper
- ¼ Cup parsley - fresh chopped
- Grind Chia Seeds in a spice grinder
- Combine wine, chia seeds, garlic and set aside to swell
- Add remaining ingredients except the chicken and mix well
- Add the chicken and mix until well blended
- Cook in a non-stick pan until cooked through, slightly brown and crumble
- Drain and serve or cool & refrigerate
We like, use and recommend
US Wellness Meats for superior protein products.