Chicken and Veal Meatloaf
You may have noticed that I love meatloaf, meatballs, burgers ~ sounds a bit like comfort food, huh? That’s probably from growing up in the South. We used to eat biscuits and gravy for breakfast or dinner, so good… not necessarily good for you, but completely delicious and addictive. That is the same type of comfort food approach that brings meatloaf and mashed potatoes into play. Actually one of my favorite clients tells me that his all time favorite meal is meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas. He lights up with enthusiasm and gets visibly excited to think of that delicious memory.
In an effort to be true to my commitment to my better health and waistline, I have moved to a more figure friendly pairing and have chosen to have a salad with my meatloaf instead of mashed potatoes and gravy.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 -4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1T dried oregano
- 1T dried thyme
- 2T Worcestershire Sauce
- 2T Dijon Mustard
- 2T tomato paste
- s/p to taste
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350•
- Mix the meat to blend
- Pulse chop all the veg and herbs in a food processor and sauté until soft, set aside too cool
- Add the eggs, Worcestershire, Dijon, tomato paste to a large bowl and mix thoroughly
- Add the cooled vegetable and herb mixture and combine
- Add the meat and mix to combine
- Put the mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving
We like, use and recommend
US Wellness Meats for superior protein products.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.