This is a gorgeous meal that can be made with chicken or turkey! You get to choose. What I did was add mushroom and brown rice risotto, caramelized onions, and a simple side salad. It is elegant, delicious and very easy to make with some planning. Seriously, the hardest part was waiting for the risotto. Since we are committed to whole grains, we are committed to utilizing brown rice and the short grain variety makes a perfect risotto ~ the only thing you need to know if you choose to go with this one is that it takes much longer than you think and probably want to soften, be patient!! It will be well worth the effort and time.
- 2 bone-in skinless chicken breast
- 1T – organic cultured butter
- 1T – organic EVOO
- 8 cloves of garlic smashed
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups Classic Bone Broth
- s/p to taste
- Melt the butter and EVOO over medium high heat
- Add the chicken – breast side down to the pan to sear the meat
- Cook on all sides to sear and add a crust (without the skin)
- Par cook the chicken and take out of the pot – set aside for later
- Reduce the heat to medium
- Add the smashed garlic cloves and cook over medium until golden
- Add the white wine and lemon to the pan and reduce
- Add the Classic Bone Broth to the pan and reduce while continuing to cook the garlic to tender and sweet
- De-bone the chicken and return the meat to the pot to finish cooking, save the bones for a future use (classic bone broth)
- Continue cooking uncovered allowing the meat to cook completely and absorb all that garlicky goodness for about 10 minutes
- When the sauce is reduced to your desired thickness, remove from the heat and serve with your favorite vegetables!
We like, use and recommend
US Wellness Meats for superior protein products.