By Bernadette Kathryn, LMT, IHLC
If you love turkey or chicken burgers and are looking for a new way to infuse some spicy flavor — here is the ticket! You can use whatever meat you like and pack it full of intense flavor with vegetables, herbs and spice. Don’t be scared off by the ingredients – you can make it as spicy as your audience likes, it’s very flexible.
This is great to eat with a bowl of soup or on a whole grain bun with arugula and chipotle mayo!
- 1 LB ground chicken or turkey
- 1 large red bell pepper - fine dice
- 1 large yellow bell pepper - fine dice
- 1 sweet onion - grated
- 1 red apple - grated
- 1 jalapeño - fine dice (optional)
- 2 scallions - fine chop
- ¼ cup cilantro - fine chop
- 1 T - chipotle powder
- ¼ t - cayenne
- s/p to taste
- Chop all of the vegetables - as fine as possible to mix with the burger
- Grate the onion and apple into the bowl that you will mix with the meat, so that you keep the juices to moisten the meat
- Add the other vegetables
- Add the meat and spice
- Mix thoroughly and divide into 6 - even patties
- Cook on hot grill or grill pan until cooked through, approximately 4 min per side
We like, use and recommend
US Wellness Meats for superior protein products.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.