Coconut milk is a great alternative to dairy, it’s rich, creamy and velvety #LivingFitLifestyle Click To Tweet
How much do you love ice cream, chocolate ice cream but cannot eat dairy? I do, I love chocolate and ice cream … and it is probably better for me to not have dairy. Coconut milk is a great alternative to dairy, it’s rich, creamy and velvety when made into an ice cream!
- 2- cans full fat organic coconut milk, pour off the water and save for another use, like protein drinks
- 4 - egg yolks
- 3oz dark chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 2T unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1 vanilla bean, opened and scrape the seeds out
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup Erythritol
- Heat the Coconut cream (fat) in a pot over medium heat
- Add the vanilla bean, seeds and pod to the coconut cream
- Add the erythritol, cocoa powder and pinch of salt to the coconut and stir to dissolve
- Beat the egg yolks and temper with ¼ cup of the heated coconut
- Add the egg mixture to the coconut milk and cook over low heat to thicken
- Cook until the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon, be careful not to over cook the eggs
- Strain over the chopped chocolate and remove the vanilla pod
- Stir to melt the chocolate and allow to cool
- Put into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight before adding to your ice cream maker
- Once fully chilled, add to the ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer directions.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.