Your Challenge Today:
Desire, emotion and knowledge …
Human behavior flows
from three main sources:
desire, emotion, and knowledge.
- a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen
- conscious impulse toward something that promises enjoyment or satisfaction in its attainment
- a natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one’s circumstances, mood, or relationships with others
- instinctive or intuitive feeling as distinguished from reasoning or knowledge
- facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education
- awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation
If our behavior flows from our desire, emotion and knowledge ~ why is it so difficult to change sometimes? Do all these factors work together to motivate our behavior? Or, are we sometimes motivated by a single influencer? Do we need to align all of these factors together at the same time to truly be able to make a sustainable change in our behavior?
I believe that our behavior with respect to our lifestyle choices is closely tied to our emotions. And, our desires are also directly linked to our emotions, childhood memories, comforts and familiarity. Then knowledge enters the picture ~ we hear it, we read about the information that others have gathered in their research, we may have even studied subjects like exercise, nutrition and wellness only to fall short of truly changing our out-dated behaviors, why?
It is the coming together of all these components that will produce the lasting and sustainable changes that we seek to improve our health. When we align our desires with our emotions and the knowledge that we have into our goals, we then have the strength to fulfill our dream of improved wellness.
When we align our desire, emotion and knowledge – and we sustain the commitment to:
- eating healthy – Living Fit Foods
- exercising regularly – 3o minutes each day
- drinking lots of water – 2-3 liters each day
- sleeping deeply – 6-8 hours a night
- an attitude of gratitude – an mindful awareness
- healthy communication with others that supports our life
- we experience all the benefits of the Hexafecta – the Super Six of the game!