Your Challenge Today:
Desire, emotion and knowledge …
By Bernadette Kathryn, LMT, IHLC
Human behavior flows
from three main sources:
desire, emotion, and knowledge.
- a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen
- conscious impulse toward something that promises enjoyment or satisfaction in its attainment
- a natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one’s circumstances, mood, or relationships with others
- instinctive or intuitive feeling as distinguished from reasoning or knowledge
- facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education
- awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a circumstance or situation
If our behavior flows from our desire, emotion, and knowledge ~ why is it so difficult to change sometimes? Do all these factors work together to motivate our behavior? Or, are we sometimes driven by a single influencer? Do we need to align all of these factors together at the same time to honestly be able to make a sustainable change in our behavior?
I believe that our behavior concerning our lifestyle choices is closely tied to our emotions. And, our desires are also directly linked to our feelings, childhood memories, comforts, and familiarity. Then knowledge enters the picture ~ we hear it, we read about the information that others have gathered in their research, we may have even studied subjects like exercise, nutrition, and wellness only to fall short of genuinely changing our out-dated behaviors, why?
It is the coming together of all these components that will produce the lasting and sustainable changes that we seek to improve our health. When we align our desires with our emotions and the knowledge that we have into our goals, we then have the strength to fulfill our dream of improved wellness.
When we align our desire, emotion, and knowledge – and we sustain the commitment to:
- eating healthy – Living Fit Foods
- exercising regularly – 3o minutes each day
- drinking lots of water – 2-3 liters each day
- sleeping intensely – 6-8 hours a night
- an attitude of gratitude – a mindful awareness
- healthy communication with others that supports our life
- we experience all the benefits of the Hexafecta – the Super Six of the game!
Experience all the benefits of the Hexafecta – the Super Six of the game #LivingFitLifestyle Click To Tweet
I am in the ill list today. So I will not exercise today, however I will try to do better with food. Yesterday it was all about comfort food, whatever and whenever I liked. So today mindfulness must return. I am aware, however, of the power of the hexafecta!
I am sorry that you are not feeling up to your usual bubbly happy self – and – good to know that you are taking care of yourself and know the power of the HEXAFECTA!!