Your Challenge Today:
Exercise of the body …
True enjoyment comes from
activity of the mind and exercise of the body;
the two are ever united.
Exercise of the body and activity of the mind ~ both are essential to creating your Living Fit Lifestyle! Connecting the gray matter and building strong muscles, tendons and bones are benefits of keeping our body and mind active. The ‘use it or lose it’ concept is one we would do well to remind ourselves, while taking into consideration that we do need down time as well.
BALANCE is again what comes to my mind. Exercise of the body is imperative and keeping it in BALANCE is crucial. Making time to exercise your body is the first step to reaching your goal. And, having a well thought out plan of action is necessary to prevent injuries and over training.
Healthy exercise guidelines according to HHS
- At least 2.5 hours of weekly moderate-intensity aerobic activity, such as brisk walking, water aerobics, ballroom dancing or general gardening. You should be able to talk comfortably during exercise.
- If time is an issue, fit in several 10-minute bouts of aerobic exercise a day.
- For more health benefits, exercise 5 hours a week at a moderate pace.
- More fit individuals can opt for 75 minutes of weekly vigorous exercise, such as jogging, race walking, swimming laps, jumping rope or hiking uphill; and increase training to 2.5 hours a week for greater health benefits.
- At least twice a week incorporate strength-training exercises such as weight-training, push-ups, sit-ups, carrying heavy loads or heavy gardening.
- Sedentary adults and those with medical pre-conditions and chronic conditions should consult their physicians before embarking on an exercise program.
True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body #LivingFitLifestyle Click To Tweet