By Bernadette Kathryn, LMT, IHLC
I like to make a big batch of gluten free granola to give away for Christmas gifts and special occasions… it makes people smile!
If you didn’t already know this about me, I am going to tell you now — I rarely follow a recipe directly. I usually don’t have all the ingredients on hand and when I look around, find that I have enough to try it and just go all in with whatever I have. Granola is one of those recipes that can be adapted according to your personal taste preferences or even dictated by what you have in the pantry.
While this does not qualify as a ‘sanctioned’ meal choice — I do believe that you can use it as a garnish for some yogurt and fruit, make yourself a parfait, perhaps? Or, rest easy knowing that your children are eating a completely wholesome cereal instead of store bought and you can customize it to your family’s liking.
And — beware — just because it’s organic & gluten free — doesn’t mean it is calorie free!
It is wholesome, organic, rich in nutrients, healthy fats and 1/2 cup is a serving — enjoy responsibly!
I begin with:
- 4 Cups Organic Oats
- ½ Cup Coconut sugar
- 1T pure vanilla extract
- ½ Cup Agave Nectar
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1T Ground Cinnamon
- ½ T ground nutmeg
- ½ t celtic salt
- 2 Cups nuts of choice
- 2 Cups of fruit of choice
- 2 Cups large flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325•
- Mix your oil, agave, coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla
- Add Oats and mix thoroughly
- Spread out mixture on 2 sheet trays
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Add the nut mixture and bake an additional 15 minutes
- Add the coconut flakes and bake an additional 10 minutes
- Take out and allow to cool
- Mix thoroughly with your fruit of choice
- Package and save! Can be safely frozen for the future.
mmmmmmm..oh, yeah….Autumnal breaky at its finest…and on coconut milk ice cream??Have merrrrcy!
This will be a favorite for sure. Much better than oatmeal cookies and love the crunch.