Your Daily Challenge:
Find your grace in the moment!
By Bernadette Kathryn, LMT, IHLC
I don’t think being an athlete is unfeminine.
I think of it as a kind of grace.
~ Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.
- A characteristic or quality pleasing for its charm or refinement.
- A sense of fitness or propriety.
- The condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects.
- An impossibility, something unattainable, something that cannot be accomplished … ever
Who do you know that is perfect? We all have flaws, and that is part of what makes us interesting as individuals! Nothing in life is excellent, and yet everything is perfect, it’s all in our perspective. It’s essential for us to own our imperfections and the beauty of who we are as individuals. We don’t need to be classically beautiful or handsome to be comfortable in our skin. Developing ‘healthy’ self-acceptance is vital to self-love, appreciation, self-respect, and self-esteem which is what fuels our desire to live with a good “Quality of Life.”
This game is about:
- Healthy progress
- Forward movement
- Learning to love and appreciate ourselves!
We are setting the stage for our future by taking a stand and Guidelines for the Game for our bodies, our lives, and our families. We are changing some old out-dated habits and trading them in for the new and improved way of thinking and living. With all the medical advances over the years, we as a society are living longer and not always with the kind of “grace” that we might have hoped. On the other side of that coin, with the medical advances, there are also advances in knowledge of how our lifestyle impacts our longevity, and that is where we get to own our power and choose! Making changes is not necessarily convenient or comfortable ~ but ~ it is still a choice, and we get to make it.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.