By Bernadette Kathryn, LMT, IHLC
Downloadable PDF – buttermilk grilled chicken w mustard sauce
If you love the Buttermilk Grilled Chicken, this recipe takes it to a whole other level of goodness!
I know what you might be thinking ~ gravy, sauce? Isn’t that too much fat? Well, let me tell you! This sauce is so delicious, if you love mustard like I do. It’s also ridiculously easy. Instead of actually grilling the chicken, you can cook the meat in a stainless steel pan and make the sauce afterward. The little brown bits that are left in the bottom of the pan when you cook meat are called ‘sucs’ and they add a lot of flavor to your dish, so we want to take advantage of that flavor when making a sauce.
- White wine
- Classic Bone Broth
- Sweet onion or shallots
- Dijon Murstad
- A little bit of cream
The amount of each ingredient will depend on how many you are serving. The process will be the same no matter what the quantity is.
- First, brown the meat in the pan creating a nice crust on each side and then lower the heat and cook through. The cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of the meat.
- While the meat is cooking, chop your onion or shallot into fine dice or slivers (however you like your gravy)
- After the meat is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside
- Add the onion or shallot to the pan along with the wine and allow to reduce to 1/2, scraping the bottom of the pan to release the sucs from the pan and into the sauce, yum — lot’s of good flavor
- Add the Classic Bone Broth and bring the temperature up to high and allow to reduce again to 1/2
- Add the dijon mustard and cream, continue to cook until it reduces again to 1/2
- Taste and adjust the seasoning
What you will be left with is an amazing gravy (sauce) that really adds personality to your dish. It does have fat from the cream, but – it’s so little compared to the entire dish, it’s acceptable and desirable! Just don’t eat a bowl of sauce … 🙂
I rounded out this meal with sautéed escarole and asparagus. An excellent, elegant meal ~ beautiful, scrumptious and good enough for a special occasion.
We like, use and recommend
US Wellness Meats for superior protein products.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.