How much do you love the fun of marshmallows? Have you ever thought about making them at home? They are soooo much better than any marshmallow ever purchased from the grocery store and ridiculously easy ~ so easy you will wonder why you ever bought them before? The trickiest part is heating the honey and dealing with it. If you are going to make these with your children, make sure you do the honey part and let you children participate in the rest ~ it will be a magical treat for all to enjoy!
- 3T grass fed beef gelatin
- 1 Cup of water - separated in two halts
- ¼ - ½ Cup of honey -- use your taste as discretion
- 1t vanilla extract
- ¼ t salt
- ½ Cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Prepare a pan by coating with oil (I use coconut) and line with parchment paper with extra hanging over all sides. Cut to fit into pan nicely, you will have handles to remove from pan.
- Spread ¼ cup shredded coconut into bottom of pan to coat marshmallows
- Put ½ Cup water in mixing bowl with whisk attachment
- Add gelatin and let sit to bloom
- Heat the honey & water
- Using a thermometer carefully monitor the honey water and heat to 240•
- which is Soft Ball stage in candy making
- Once the honey heats to 240• take off the heat and slowly pour into the gelatin mixture with the mixer on low/med speed until incorporated
- Increase the speed to high and allow to run for 5 minutes, then add the salt & vanilla
- Continue running an additional 5 minutes to complete
- Put into prepared pan and spread with remaining shredded coconut, use your hand to spread out by lightly patting into the corners -- the coconut will help with the stickiness.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.