How to Pit Cherries
Cherries have several amazing health benefits:
- Battle Belly Fat — researchers found that tart cherries have significant weight management benefit, including reduced belly fat.
- Reduced your chance of getting gout — A 2012 study published in Arthritis & Rheumatism found that patients with gout who consumed cherries over a two-day period (yes, just two days!) showed a 35% lower risk of gout attacks compared to their fruit wary counterparts.
- Cherries combat post-workout soreness — one cup of tart cherry juice can reduce post workout inflammation and muscle soreness!
- Cherries provide natural osteoarthritis relief — researchers found that drinking tart cherry juice twice daily for three weeks led to significant reductions in important inflammation markers.
- Cherries reduce stroke risk — researchers from the University of Michigan found tart cherries provide cardiovascular benefits equal to some medications.
- Cherries help you get some sleep — There were significant increases in time in bed, total sleep time, and sleep efficiency total with cherry juice supplementation.