Your Challenge Today:
Look at Fitness …
By Bernadette Kathryn, LMT, IHLC
I look at fitness as a necessity in the same way
as how you drink water, eat food,
one should look at fitness in a dedicated way.
~ Arjun Rampal
- The condition of being physically fit and healthy
- The quality of being suitable to fulfill a particular role or task
- An organism’s ability to survive and reproduce in a particular environment
- Is a general state of health and well-being
- The ability to perform aspects of sports or occupations.
Physical fitness is generally achieved through quality nutrition, plenty of pure clean water, appropriate exercise and restorative sleep. Fitness is considered a set of attributes or characteristics in people which relate to the ability to perform a given set of physical activities. I personally view fitness as a feeling of pure freedom ~ the freedom to do the things you want to do without being limited by pain or discomfort.
We all need to examine our own personal motivation and definition of fitness for ourselves to determine how we want to approach our movement plan. What is it that you want to do in your life that requires you to be fit and flexible?
- Do you want to dance at your wedding?
- Do you wan to travel with your family?
- Do you want to hike mountains?
- Do you love to ski or SCUBA dive?
- Do you love horses and riding?
- Do you love tennis or golf?
- Do you love to walk in the park or swim?
- Do you love taking classes with your peeps?
Whatever your personal motivation is for staying fit and healthy ~ is personal to you and ONLY YOU can decide what is necessary for you to reach your goals. I love to run in the park with my favorite dog. I love to travel and SCUBA dive with my friends. I love swimming for a relaxing workout. I love weight training because it provides the body shaping that I enjoy with minimal time investment. I love working out with friends for the fun and support that helps to keep it all going. Physical activity has to be a priority when it comes to making fitness a way of life.
Physical activity has to be a priority when it comes to making fitness a way of life #LivingFitLifestyle Click To Tweet
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.