Your Challenge Today:
Own your Power!
By Bernadette Kathryn, LMT, IHLC
There is NO Magic Pill in Life
NO magic pill … NO secret diet …
NO shortcuts … Just Dedication!
Everyday we are all faced with choices, healthy and not-so-healthy. Whether we are at work stuck in a conference room full of less than healthy choices to eat and no way to exercise during the meeting or we are taking the kids to Disney Land — we will always be faced with choices! The challenge is to make the best possible choice — when you are staring at a menu with no fresh vegetables and lots of fried food, what do you do?
- Can you choose a sandwich with a lean protein and eat only half the bread?
- Can you choose to eat nuts and fruit when locked in a meeting?
- Can you plan ahead and bring healthy food for yourself?
It is up to us to make the best choice possible to support our health goals
Every time we reinforce our choice to health — we get to Own our Power!
How are you owning your right to choose a Living Fit Lifestyle?
from M –
I am committed to a step up in the exercise today. After a couple of weeks of being sick and then slowly integrating some activity back into my life it is now time to start with actual ‘exercise’.
Once this starts I am committed to continuing the program throughout the game so that I will be in noticeably better shape by the end of the process
The personal benefit comes at some different levels:
1) It is actually good for my physical health
2) Feeling good physically helps with a positive mental state
3) There is a confidence in knowing a goal has been achieved (long term) and also knowing you are moving towards that goal (short term)
My wonderful new teammate said it best, “eating whole, real foods just feels better”!
From Tim –
I have decided the way that I own my own power is to wake each morning and sit in a chair before my day starts and look out window and just tell myself for 10 minutes positive things about myself.. this has been huge..