By Bernadette Kathryn, LMT, IHLC
My dear friend Anthony (from Texas) first introduced me to Tabouli many, many years ago. It was love at first bite — I love everything about it, it’s fresh, tangy, chewy, and I couldn’t stop eating it. I ate a whole (large) bowl all by myself, many times… so good!
- 1 Cup Quinoa, rinsed & cooked
- 1 pint Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 whole english cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves chopped
- 2 lemons, zested & juiced
- 1 T mint, minced
- 3T EVOO
- s/p to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions, drain & cool
- Chop & layer the vegetables, quarter tomatoes
- Peel, seed & chop cucumber
- Clean and chop the scallions
- Chop the parsley & mint
- Zest & juice the lemons over the layered ingredients
- mix thoroughly and taste, adjust the seasonings
- Allow the flavors to marry overnight (if possible) ... it gets better with time!
one of my all time favorites — love the lemony, fresh goodness of it all 🙂
Super fresh, healthy & delicious!