Coconut has had a bad rap in the past and has recently seen a big resurgence in popularity which is really good, because I love it. I always buy organic coconut milk just like I prefer to buy the majority of my food organic over conventional. I believe that we do ourselves a favor by avoiding unwanted chemicals at every opportunity and quality food products are a wise investment in our physical well-being.
Classic Bone Broth, aromatics (onions, celery, and carrots finely chopped) and I add homemade Shrimp Stock to this dish (just like in the Light and Spicy Gumbo), it really adds depth to the broth that you can’t get otherwise.
Serve this dish with brown rice for a create a sanctioned meal and nourishing meal!
- 2 T organic coconut ghee
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib of celery, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 scallions finely chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
- ¼ t cayenne
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 28 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 QT Classic Bone Broth
- 1 QT homemade Shrimp Stock
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 2 t fish sauce
- 1 can light organic coconut milk
- 2 Lbs - peeled & deveined shrimp
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- Chop all vegetables and sweat in organic coconut ghee
- Add cayenne and cook to bloom the flavors
- Add white wine and allow to reduce
- Add stock, tomatoes and fish sauce, cook over medium heat for flavors to meld
- Add organic coconut milk and lime juice and zest, allow to cook for 15 minutes
- Add the clean and deveined shrimp and cook 2 minutes
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedge
Think this sounds tasty?