Thai Curry Meatballs can be made with your choice of ground meat ~ chicken, turkey, or pork. I chose to use chicken for these because I like the flavor and ground chicken is readily available. These succulent meatballs are accompanied with a creamy coconut sauce that embodies all the thai flavors of green curry, ginger, lemongrass and thai chilies for a little extra something something…. which is completely optional!
- 2 lbs. chopped meat - your choice, chicken, turkey, pork, veal or beef
- 2 free range pastured whole eggs
- 2 stalks lemongrass - tender insides only
- 2" piece of fresh grated ginger
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ Cup Green Curry Paste
- 1 lb shitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 10 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 red thai chilies, chopped finely
- 1 large vidalia or other sweet onion, finely chopped
- another ¼ up green curry paste
- 1 pint classic bone broth
- 1 - 15 oz can organic coconut milk
- 1 Cup white wine - tasty enough to drink!
- Partially chop all produce (except sweet onion) to approx same size
- Place into food processor and pulse chop to fine dice
- Mix the vegetables and spice with 2 whole eggs
- Add the chopped meat of choice and mix well
- Portion your meatballs to desired size - using an ice cream scoop to ensure uniform size and set aside
- Heat a little coconut oil in a large skillet and sauté the visalia onion to translucent
- Add the white wine and reduce to ½
- Add the bone broth, ¼ cup curry paste, thai chilies and coconut milk and continue to reduce on medium heat
- In another pan, add 1T coconut oil and sauté the meatballs to par cook once you have established a nice crust on the meatballs, transfer to the coconut sauce and finish cooking on low heat.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with brown rice, whole grain noodles, or Shirataki Noodles.
We like, use and recommend
US Wellness Meats for superior protein products.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.