Vegetable and Cheese Quesadilla
[Tweet “Quesadillas are such fun way to enjoy a meal with the family #GlutenFree #LivingFitLifestyle”]
Well, I told you I like Tex-Mex… this is more proof. It’s fun food, comfort food and satisfyingly delicious, it ticks all the boxes for my satisfaction. I make it with brown rice tortillas but you can use any whole grain style that you like for a sanctioned meal. It’s completely up to you and you can even use the traditional tortillas for an unsanctioned meal off, why not? Quesadillas are such fun way to enjoy a meal with the family, we like to have them on movie night with a big salad to stay in the game.
- 4 Brown Rice or other tortilla
- 3 oz of shredded cheese of choice
- 2 cups of vegetables of choice
- 1 T EVOO
- Saute the vegetables of choice to soften and set aside to cool
- Grate the cheese
- Preheat a skillet and add a little EVOO
- Portion ¼ of the vegetables on ½ of a tortilla along with some cheese
- Fold over the tortilla and heat in the pan until it begins to brown
- Flip and continue to cook on the other side.
- Repeat with the additional tortillas until all the ingredient are used.