Vegetable and Cheese Quesadilla
Quesadillas are such fun way to enjoy a meal with the family #GlutenFree #LivingFitLifestyle Click To Tweet
Well, I told you I like Tex-Mex… this is more proof. It’s fun food, comfort food and satisfyingly delicious, it ticks all the boxes for my satisfaction. I make it with brown rice tortillas but you can use any whole grain style that you like for a sanctioned meal. It’s completely up to you and you can even use the traditional tortillas for an unsanctioned meal off, why not? Quesadillas are such fun way to enjoy a meal with the family, we like to have them on movie night with a big salad to stay in the game.
- 4 Brown Rice or other tortilla
- 3 oz of shredded cheese of choice
- 2 cups of vegetables of choice
- 1 T EVOO
- Saute the vegetables of choice to soften and set aside to cool
- Grate the cheese
- Preheat a skillet and add a little EVOO
- Portion ¼ of the vegetables on ½ of a tortilla along with some cheese
- Fold over the tortilla and heat in the pan until it begins to brown
- Flip and continue to cook on the other side.
- Repeat with the additional tortillas until all the ingredient are used.
question? i can not eat grains. can anyone suggest a modification for the tortilla made of rice or grain flour? i CAN eat almond flour. maybe someone has a recipe for a tortilla made only from almond flour? or perhaps even a crepe instead of a tortilla?
Debbie – I used Brown Rice Tortillas for this recipe made by Food for Life — click on the orange link above to order them. I like to keep them in the freezer for times when I am in a pinch. They are a good alternative and I also have recipes for other gluten free tortillas – I will look for those recipes and send to you!
thanks but i can not eat rice either. i am gluten & grain sensitive. that is why i use almond flour as opposed to gluten free flours.
thanks for trying!
I am sorry, I mis-understood you! I will get you the coconut flour recipe — and I believe I also have almond flour recipe…. I will check when I get home……………
oh! can’t wait. sounds delicious! a wonderful addition to my recipe collection!