The objective of the game is to create sustainable habits #LivingFitLifestyle Click To Tweet
Now is the time to have a real sit-down with ourselves and our internal posse, and come up with our smarter goals for this game and our healthy lifestyle. Get out your pen & paper or your iPad, however, you are comfortable taking notes and get busy — get organized and make some smarter goals for this game period!
This game is ten weeks, and our lifestyle stays with us for our lifetime! Choosing a healthy lifestyle is just that — a choice. And, that decision is one we face with time and again when we get stressed, are hungry, travel, and go out with friends and family. We bombarded with a multitude of choices that can either support a healthy lifestyle choice or not.
It is entirely unrealistic to think that we will make the healthiest choice 100% of the time, which is why this game has built in ‘cheat meals’ each week. We all need to take a break from our work, workout, ‘diet’ and chores — decompress a little, right? The goal of this game is to help us become more aware of the choices that we are all making every day, over and over again, that either supports our health or not. Once we begin to see the behaviors, that can potentially be destructive over time, we are better able to change them. And, if we want to support our health and that of our families — consistency in healthy choices is the most supportive thing we can do for ourselves.
- Living Fit food plan — enjoying well-balanced meals from our list of ‘whole real food’ at regular intervals to ensure that we are optimizing our metabolism.
- Water — drinking 2-3 liters of pure water every day — forgetting the juice, soda, diet drinks and limiting the adult beverages to 2 days a week!
- Exercise — minimum 30 minutes a day for a minimum of 180 minutes each week — do your very best and work up to more without overdoing it!
- Sleep — the most underrated healthy habit in modern times — we need to recharge our batteries, 6-8 hours sleep each night.
- Communication — is an essential element in every good relationship and we need healthy relationships to thrive in this world.
- Gratitude — an attitude of gratitude is essential to a healthy spirit. The more grateful you are for what you have, the better you feel, take a look around…
Make your SMARTER GOALS on any area of life that you wish to work on
SET yourself up for SUCCESS — with these helpful steps:
- Choose your top 3 goals to focus on for the duration of this game! And, give some thought to the PLAN that will ensure your success!
- Align your goals with your core values – set a goal that is meaningful for you and is in alignment with your personal beliefs and character.
- Share your goal with at least 3-5 people that are willing to hold you accountable to your goals. Sharing your goals is where your team and the Living Fit Lifestyle Family come in. When you share your goal with the community, you are putting your commitment on the line. Your teammates are perfect for this task!
- Establish a support system! Where can you go for inspiration, support, encouragement and advice, and feedback? We at HQ are here to help, there are many recipes on the site to help, and the Recipe Resources has my favorite selection of websites to inspire me when I am looking for new recipes. When you need help with recipe choices, you can ask your team the Living Fit Lifestyle Family for assistance too!
- Assemble everything you need to support your success. Print and read the rules, make sure you understand the expectations for winning. Print your daily score sheets, print the sanctioned food list and meal suggestions. Go to the grocery store and start cooking! Organize your meals, water, and cucumbers! Schedule your exercise time to make sure you get it into the plan. Plan your sleep schedule if that is going to be a challenge for you.
- Minimize potential pitfalls! Think through your schedule and life. Look for places where you might need to plan ahead. Are you going to be out of the house for a few hours? Maybe you need to pack a lunch bag? Are you going to be working late? Will you need to pack a dinner to eat at the office? Do you have a selection of restaurants that have ‘sanctioned’ meal items on their menu? Is your pantry stocked with ‘sanctioned’ food items? Do you have time in your schedule to shop, prep, and cook? Think about all the possible variables that will ensure your success in the Living Fit Game!
- Plan to reward yourself – don’t wait until the end of the game to reward your progress! Plan rewards each week to celebrate your successes. Make a list of awards that you will enjoy and strive to find rewards that support your goals!