Note to self:
A muscle …
I think self-discipline is something,
it’s like a muscle.
The more you exercise it,
the stronger it gets.
Self-discipline is like a muscle … it needs exercise. When I set a goal to do anything, I have to commit myself and exercise a little (or a lot) of self-control to do the work that is necessary to achieve the goal, right? Self-discipline is an exercise in self-control, a commitment to me, myself and I. The more I exercise a muscle correctly and safely, the stronger the muscle becomes.
When I say — exercise a muscle, correctly and safely — what I mean is to take into consideration the big picture. I want to look at the big picture of my goal, what does it look like when it is complete?
- What are the steps necessary to achieve that particular goal?
- What are the possible pitfalls that could prevent my success?
- What can I do to troubleshoot those pitfalls?
- How can I establish a strong foundation to build my success upon?
- How will I monitor my achievement?
- How will I navigate the path to my success?
- How will I know when I have reached my goal?
It is vitally important to establish some milestones on the path to success. What are the landmarks that will indicate I am on the right path? How will I measure my progress, alter my plan as necessary and keep myself motivated along the journey?
Self-discipline is like a muscle ... it needs exercise #LivingFitLifestyle Click To Tweet