[Tweet “Almond Meal makes a tasty gluten free crust and an excellent pastry #GlutenFree #LivingFitLifestyle”]
Almond Meal makes a tasty gluten free crust and an excellent pastry for a change of pace. Add in your favorite vegetables, some egg or egg-whites a little cheese if you prefer and bake! When it comes out of the oven, let it rest for a bit and then enjoy with a side salad for an elegant brunch option or easy lunch.
- 1.5 cups of balanced almond flour
- ½ t sea salt
- ¼ t baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2T chopped scallions & parsley
- 1T ice water
- 6 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 cups of chopped vegetables of choice
- ¼ cup of cheese of choice
- Preheat the oven 350•
- Combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, onions, parsley
- Combine the wet ingredients into the almond mixture until thoroughly combined
- Press the dough into a 9" pie crust and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden
- Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes
- Add the cheese to the vegetables and mix thoroughly
- Add the eggs to the egg whites and whisk to combine
- Put the vegetable and cheese mixture into the prepared crust
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and bake in the oven on a sheet tray for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes before cutting.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.