I found this recipe inspiration for these cookies in The Metabolic Blueprint.
These little gems are scrumptious, coconut and honey mixed with egg-whites and gelatin which actually make them completely sanctioned, even when covered with dark chocolate ~ if you can eat just one!
Yield: approximately 24 macaroons
- 5 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp Celtic Salt
- 1/2 cup Organic Raw Honey
- 1 Tbl Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbl Gelatin
- Preheat oven to 350•
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil
- Beat egg whites with salt in a clean bowl with an electric mixer/whip until stiff peaks
- Fold in the honey, vanilla extract, coconut, gelatin and coconut extract until well blended
- Drop and place spoonfuls of the macaroon mixture and place on the lined sheet pan
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Dip in melted organic chocolate (70% or higher) if desired
Serving Size: 1 macaroon
Calories: approx. 80
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.