I love burgers and when I was at my dear friend Kathy’s home for dinner with the family, she was making a fun chicken burger recipe that she got from Rachel Ray. It was such a delicious burger full of flavor and mushrooms it got me to thinking…. What about a Mediterranean Burger?
All of my clients seem to be addicted to chicken (or turkey), they are all watching their waistlines and looking for heart healthy alternatives to their favorite foods. So I wanted to find some creative ways to cook chicken and turkey with as many options as I could come up with, including burgers.
Now, I don’t know about you, but I find white meat chicken can be dry if it is not cooked properly and adorned creatively. I think it is the same with ground chicken, and since everyone is on a mission to save their gorgeous figures (and why not, after all that exercise who wants to ruin it with one fun meal) I set out to create a different burger, a Mediterranean Burger. I wanted to include all the salty, briny, flavors of the Mediterranean and bring new life to this white meat chicken. You can use whatever meat you like, I just want to encourage you to use the very best quality meat you can purchase; grass-fed beef, organic free-range poultry. Keep in mind that your health is directly connected to the quality of the food you cook with and eat.
Serve it up with a whole grain bun (if you are eating bread) or make yourself a nice big salad and top it with this juicy burger, a tangy salad dressing and you have a hearty meal for a lunch time brown bag, picnic or brunch with your friends! Anyway you choose to enjoy this burger — you will be satisfied.
This is a great alternative to the everyday burger!
- 1 lb ground chicken, pastured
- 1 lb frozen artichokes, roasted & finely chopped
- 10 button mushrooms, roasted & finely chopped
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 2T dijon mustard
- 1T Worcestershire sauce
- S/P to taste
- Preheat oven to 350•
- Roast the mushrooms & artichokes until golden
- Put all veg into the food processor and pulse chop
- Mix all the veg with the chicken, mustard, sauce
- Form into 6 – 6oz patties
- Sear in very hot pan with minimal oil
We like, use and recommend
US Wellness Meats for superior protein products.