By Bernadette Kathryn, LMT, IHLC
How about a crispy meringue layer cake, stuffed with blackberry and dried cherry compote and gussied up with coconut whipped cream? It could be sanctioned, if you either left off the coconut whipped cream or seriously limited it … your choice! Either way ~ it’s a gorgeous cake with lots of great flavor and fun, won’t last long!
The great thing about keeping it clean is, the Pavlova is a beautiful way to enjoy a fat free dessert that is delicious,dramatic and playful.
- 8 organic egg whites, room temperature - not pasteurized, you have to crack these and find another use for the yolks, like ice cream perhaps?
- ¼ t cream of tartar
- ¼ t salt
- ½ cup honey or maple sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350•
- Add room temp egg whites to a mixing bowl of a stand mixer with whisk attachment along with the cream of tartar and begin to whisk until frothy
- Add your sweetener and salt
- Continue whisking until stiff peaks form, approx 3 minutes
- Divide your egg whites into 2 or three circles on parchment lined sheet trays
- We did three for this recipe
- Turn your oven OFF and bake for 2-24 hours -- allowing to dry completely before assembling the cake
- Layer your cake with your favorite fillings!
- We used Blackberry & Cherry Compote along with Coconut Whipped Cream for a dairy free cake that was almost sanctioned!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.