Your Challenge Today:
What is YOUR secret to good health?
The real secret to lifelong good health is:
Let your body take care of you.
I am not sure about you, but I want to stay as healthy as possible for the duration. I am guessing that if you are here, playing this game ~ you do too! Sure I want to look good too, but my real goal is to stay healthy and promote a good “Quality of LIfe” to avoid potential suffering due to physical ailments that I could avoid with a Living Fit Lifestyle.
Now, we all know that there are no guarantees in life. We have to go with the flow and make the most of our time here on planet earth. We are all given a certain set of circumstances, DNA – gene pool, family histories and life experiences. All of these components have an impact on our lives, our health and our bodies, we have to work with those realities.
The ‘secret’ to our lifelong good health is to follow a daily regimen of healthy habits ~ no surprise there!
According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control) ~ Health Consequences of Obesity
Obesity increases the risk of many health conditions, including the following:
- Coronary heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure.
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Cancers, such as endometrial, breast, and colon cancer.
- High total cholesterol or high levels of triglycerides.
- Liver and gallbladder disease.
- Sleep apnea and respiratory problems.
- Degeneration of cartilage and underlying bone within a joint (osteoarthritis).
- Reproductive health complications such as infertility.
- Mental health conditions.
And, the leading causes of death each year in the US are:
- Heart disease: 597,689
- Cancer: 574,743
- Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 138,080
- Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 129,476
- Alzheimer’s disease: 83,494
- Diabetes: 69,071
- Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,476
- Intentional self-harm (suicide): 38,364
These two lists are eerily similar ~
What can you do to protect yourself?
What is your focus for your better health?