By Bernadette Kathryn, LMT, IHLC
Italian Wedding Soup is such a great meal in a bowl and I like to focus on soups that are nourishing and delicious. This one is sensational and so quick ~ if you have a well stocked freezer. I begin with Classic Bone Broth, and chicken meatballs. I strive to keep a freezer full of Classic Bone Broth and easy to freeze items like meatballs for those times when I need to throw something together quickly.
Add some fresh vegetables, white wine and you have a marvelous dinner in a bowl that is delicious, satisfying and completely sanctioned! For this recipe I opted for Chicken Meatballs but any kind of meatballs will do, whatever you like and have on had ~ make it easy for yourself.
- 2 Qts Classic Bone Broth
- 2 Cups of white wine - any good wine you have on hand
- 1 - 2" piece of parmesan cheese rind
- 48 mini meatballs - any kind you like
- 3 large shallots - sliced thinly
- 4 large cloves garlic - minced
- 2 carrots - peeled & chopped
- 1 celery stalk - peeled & chopped
- ¼ cup parsley - chopped
- 4 Cups Escarole - chopped
- Heat the Classic Bone Broth
- Add the wine and parmesan rind, up to a boil, down to simmer, reduce by ¼
- Add the vegetables after 15 minutes
- Cook vegetables for 5 minutes on low heat, not to over cook
- Add the meatballs to heat through
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
We like, use and recommend
US Wellness Meats for superior protein products.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.