A well dressed salad! Light, creamy and crisp cucumber makes a great base for a salad dressing when mixed with a low-fat or non-fat yogurt. And, not only are you allowed un-limited cucumbers (for snacking) you can make this refreshing Creamy Cucumber Dressing for your fresh organic salad, bonus!
This salad dressing is super simple – I like that, using my mighty blender a few ingredients and viola — I have a great tasting, silky salad dressing that is completely sanctioned for your Living Fit Lifestyle!
Here’s how I did it:
- 1 English Cucumber, chopped
- 1 Shallot – chopped
- 1 Cup organic non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 Cup organic white wine vinegar
- 1 T mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup organic EVOO
- s/p to taste
Blend the first 5 ingredients in a high powered blender to puree, then slowly drizzle the EVOO into the mix with the blender running to emulsify. Taste and season with salt pepper to taste.
This will make enough for a week or two — depending on how many people in your house eat salads and enjoy cucumbers. You can adjust it up or down depending on your needs.
Thanks to Debbie ~ Other interesting facts about cucumbers:
- Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, powerful and refreshing!
- Just one cucumber contains most of the B Vitamins, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc, a powerhouse vegetable!
- Just finish a lunch and realize you don’t have gum or mints? You can take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath.
- The photochemical will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
- Remember to eat ‘organic’ cucumbers, according to the EWG – 2014 Dirty Dozen List