Hooping and Hoop Dancing!
Fun playful way to workout which adds variety to your routine ~ bonus! Hooping has been taken to a new level, it will strengthen the core, improve your balance, and is a great aerobic workout when performed for an extended period of time.
Basics if you are new to hooping!
Classes — all over the country & world, find one by going to hooping.org Locate a class near you by going to choose your city and search.
Most classes are usually an hour long class set up much like a dance/ fitness class with a warmup and workout.
Basic movements include:
- around the waist,
- arms, hands, legs
Choosing a hoop
- size – 38-42″ for most adults
- types – weighted or not
- grip tape is best for beginner
The size is determined by your height – should be belly button and slight up, no higher than your chest.
A weighted hoop is best for beginners, they move slower and are easier to maneuver.
- move around the body with back and forth movements….
- Activate the stomach muscles…
- One footing front of the other rock back and forth.
- Strive for good posture, lifted arms out and graceful
- Move with a forward and back motion……
Progressions to master different movements
- start on waist touching your lower back …
- wind up with good push rock forward and back
- you can turn in circles…. same direction of the hoop turning
- introduce to vortex take it up from waist to up above your head…
- hooping good way to work out all your arm muscles
- turn while you return the hoop to your wist… it’s ok if you drop it….
- hoop on hands with hoop on hand between thumb and fingers….
Hooping is a great easy workout fun, and good for your core and is a full body workout…
You can burn up to 35o calories per hour!
It is a great way to have fun and get your body moving!!