Grilled chicken is greatly enhanced with a tasty marinade. I find that a flavorful marinade helps prevent the need for heavy meal preparations like frying. The chicken is infused with the Mediterranean flavors of the lemon and herb by soaking in the sauce for several hours before cooking.
With this Lemon Herb Chicken recipe I put the chicken breast in the marinade overnight and grilled it the next day — a real fan favorite with all of my clients!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: ½ breast
- Calories: 212.9
- Fat: 9.979
- Saturated fat: 1.639
- Trans fat: .014
- Carbohydrates: 5.14
- Sugar: .829
- Sodium: 138.692
- Fiber: 1.53
- Protein: 25.77
- Cholesterol: 75.52
- Lemon Herb Chicken Marinade:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cut in half - across the breast sideways
- Juice and Zest of 2 lemons
- Garlic cloves chopped — use as much or little as you like
- 2 T dried oregano
- 2T EVOO
- s/p to taste
- Put all of the Lemon Oregano Chicken marinade ingredients together in a zip lock baggie with your bone-less, skin-less chicken breasts.
- Squeeze all of the air out of the bag and put into the fridge until an hour before you are ready to cook.
- It’s important to bring the meat to room temperature before cooking. When you are ready, heat your grill and make sure to dry off your chicken before grilling.
Living in an apartment in NYC doesn’t give me the option of outdoor grilling. When I want that great charred flavor, I use a non-stick stove top grill pan and I don’t have to add any additional oil to the recipe which keeps it as light as possible. This All Clad pan is an excellent addition to any kitchen essentials when you are committed to eating light, exceptionally tasty food and you can grill all year round!
We like, use and recommend
US Wellness Meats for superior protein products.
Think this sounds tasty?
Then let us know by leaving a Facebook comment and share the recipe!