Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken – with Mushroom Marsala, yum! The salty flavor of the prosciutto is the perfect balance to the slightly sweet flavor of the Marsala sauce. If you are not into prosciutto you can certainly substitute ham, turkey bacon or eliminate it all together, it’s your dinner ~ you get to choose!
The magic is really in the sauce. To keep this dish fully sanctioned for the game, we sliced the chicken breast in half sideways and used a very thin slice of prosciutto to wrap the chicken breast before searing. The addition of the Marsala wine with the mushrooms and shallots make the perfect compliment to the chicken. It’s an elegant dish perfect for a dinner party, add side dish of asparagus and a nice crisp white wine ~ you have a winner!
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in half sideways
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- 1T EVOO
- 1T organic Ghee
- 4 cups of mushrooms of choice, button, cremini, shitaki - sliced
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup of Marsala Wine
- ½ cup Bone broth
- s/p to taste
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Prepare the chicken breast by cutting in half sideways to create thin cutlets
- Lightly season the chicken and wrap each piece in a piece of prosciutto
- Preheat you stainless steel sauté pan
- Add the EVOO & Ghee to the hot pan
- Gently place each prosciutto wrapped breast into the hot pan and allow to sear completely before turning, cook 2-3 minutes per side and remove from the pan and set aside
- Add the shallots and garlic to the hot pan and allow to cook over medium heat until tender, remove front the pan and set aside
- Add the mushrooms to the pan in batches if necessary, do not crowd the pan - brown the mushrooms and set aside
- Add the Marsala Wine to the pan and reduce to ½
- Add the bone broth to the pan and continue to reduce
- Add the mushrooms and shallots back to the pan and continue to cook for a few minutes
- Add the chicken back into the pan and cover to cook for an additional 2 minutes (approx)
- Serve with mashed cauliflower and asparagus - enjoy!
We like, use and recommend
US Wellness Meats for superior protein products.