Meatballs, Gravy and CauliflowerMeatballs, gravy and mashed cauliflower - pure paleo #LivingFitLifestyle Click To Tweet
Who would have thunk it? Meatballs, gravy, and mashed cauliflower ~ no need for potatoes ~ you can have your comfort food and keep your girlish figure! The meatballs are very similar to our Italian Style Meatballs and the Chicken Meatballs, the real difference here is the gravy! Instead of using a classic Italian style gravy, we opted for a classic meat gravy to go with our pureed cauliflower – faux-toes!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1-2 T organic ghee
- 1-2 T cream (optional)
- 1 T EVOO
- 1 large vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1T dijon mustard
- 1T homemade ketchup
- 2T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Cup Bone Broth
- 1 Cup white wine
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets
- Steam the cauliflower until tender, approx 8 minutes
- Allow the cauliflower to cool and coarse chop in the food processor
- Place the chopped cauliflower into a clean cloth kitchen towel and squeeze out excess water
- Put squeezed cauliflower into VitaMix Blender and puree with 1-2 T organic ghee and cream if using
- Puree to desired consistency - should be like smooth mashed potatoes!
- After cooking your meatballs of choice -- following the recipe for Italian Style Meatballs
- Use the same pan and add 1T EVOO, chopped onion and garlic, cook to soften
- Add the wine and reduce to ½
- Add the stock and continue cooking to reduce to ½ again
- Add the mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce and continue cooking to reduce to ½ again
- Add ½ of the mixture into the VitaMix Blender and puree
- Add back to the pan to mix and heat through
- Viola ~ you have a delicious homemade gravy without adding flour or butter!
We like, use and recommend
US Wellness Meats for superior protein products.