By Bernadette Kathryn, LMT, IHLC
This is a fat-free version of an old classic. Potato Leek Soup is a rich and satisfying bowl of comfort, especially when you are not feeling your best. I made this soup for a friend of mine that hasn’t been feeling perky lately and his doctor prescribed a fat-free diet for a few weeks while he is recovering.
I make this soup especially silky and smooth by using Yukon Gold Potatoes, Healthy Bone Broth, and Organic Fat Free Buttermilk.
- 8 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Celery stalk
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Leeks, white & light green parts only
- 4 Cups Bone Broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ Cup Organic FF Buttermilk
- Cook all the vegetables in the bone broth until soft
- Discard the bay leaf
- Puree in a high powered blender
- Puree until smooth, add the buttermilk and blend
- Taste & adjust the seasoning to your taste
Your body needs the healthy fats to function normally. When you try to avoid all fat, you risk getting insufficient amounts of fat-soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids.
Instead of doing away with fat in your diet, enjoy healthy fats in moderation.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.