The objectives of the Living Fit Game are simple ~
- Eat real food, often with lots of fresh vegetables
- Exercise daily, 30 minutes minimum
- Drink lots of water, everyday 2-3 liters
- Sleep deeply, restore your health through sleep
- Support your team and be supported by them
- Celebrate your life ~ enjoy the little things!
- Learn new ways to enjoy your Living Fit Lifestyle!
The Living Fit Game is intended to give you a motivational boost and support to reach your wellness goals!
It does not serve as a weight-loss or fitness program. We aim to make it fun for you to lose weight by engaging in a game of social-wellness with your friends and family. And, since we don’t know you personally (and even if we did) we can’t advise you properly on how to lose weight. The objective of the game is to support you in your quest to improve your overall health and wellness by making sensible, sustainable lifestyle changes on a daily basis.
Quick weight loss methods aren’t sufficient to achieve lasting results. Weight loss methods that rely on diet aids like drinks, prepackaged foods, or diet pills don’t work in the long run. Although the Living Fit Game may be a catalyst for changing your habits, the most important changes are long term. No matter how much (or little) weight you have to lose, modest goals and a slow course will increase your chances of both losing the weight and keeping it off. Don’t do dumb things to lose weight!
It is our belief and experience that:
- Success with the Living Fit Game will be derived by developing a Living Fit Lifestyle! It takes time to create a life of health, happiness and support. Take it day-by-day, this is not a quick fix program. The best results are seen with consistent participation, careful attention to details of your food and exercise plan, water intake and sleep habits. It may not be easy at first, but you will get the hang of it and begin to see the results you desire!
- Eating well-balanced meals of real food, at regular intervals throughout the day provides your body with the energy and nutrients it needs to keep your blood sugar stable and prevent the need for snacking which will ultimately lead to the success you desire.
- Exercising daily, a minimum of 30 minutes a day to begin, any activity of your choice, is a necessity for a healthy body and lifestyle (with one day off each week). As your fitness level increases, work up to more exercise, time and intensity which will provide your body with the necessary movement to stimulate muscle strength and fat burning. We are not talking about heaving lifting or marathon running, just moving, dance ~ do what you enjoy and move your body ~ it will thank you for it!
- Guidelines for the Game We do not advocate drinking your calories ~ there is no juice, soda or diet beverages allowed on this program. We believe that drinking 2-3 liters of pure clean water, no sweeteners added is the best beverage to support your health and wellness goals. You may flavor your water with fresh fruit slices, mint and stevia if you prefer ~ no sugar or artificial sweeteners!
- Sleep is crucial to your vitality and wellbeing. Getting good quality, restorative sleep allows the body to make much needed repairs, restoring your body for the next day’s activities! When we don’t get enough sleep many of our vital capacities are compromised as a result. It is recommended by sleep experts that our bodies need 7-9 hours sleep daily and very few of us get that much sleep regularly. For the purposes of this game we are recommending that you get 6-8 hours sleep daily and begin the process of learning to sleep well!
- Communication ~ skills are essential for a successful career, satisfying relationships and a personal sense of accomplishment. Healthy communication is the basis of healthy, strong and rich relationships. Since this is a social wellness game played in teams, we believe that daily communication with your team and the larger group will support your personal progress and enjoyment with the process. Use your team and the large group for support ~ ask questions, offer solutions and have fun getting the support you need to reach your goals!
- Gratitude attitude is the foundation of a healthy spirit! When we pause for a moment each day and have a quiet celebration of the little things in our life that make it special we are adding dimension into our lives. A positive outlook on life will add years to your life by reducing your stress levels and mitigate the negative effects of stress on your physical health.
If you feel you need specialized dietary and fitness guidance, we suggest developing a customized plan just for you with either:
Note that we may recommend certain approaches and products from time to time on our site and in our emails but you should consult a professional before acting on our advice. Everything that we suggest is optional. Each individual must assess the best choices for themselves. Certain exercises are better for some and not appropriate for others ~ as are food choices. Make your personal decisions wisely and you will ultimately benefit from leading a clean, living fit lifestyle!
[Tweet “The Living Fit Lifestyle game is intended to give you a motivational boost & support to reach your wellness goals! #LivingFitLifestyle”]