Your Challenge Today:
Your mindset must be focused …
To create something exceptional,
your mindset must be relentlessly focused
on the smallest detail.
The devil is in the details! How many times have you heard that? I am not really sure where that came from but I can see that when it comes to achieving your goals, details are important and who could possibly argue with Giorgio Armani?
It’s the same with your Living Fit Lifestyle smart goals ~ your mindset towards your goals, planning, research and execution are all important elements of your success. It doesn’t matter if you are working on a career goal, building a new home or planning a wedding ~ details, details, details ~ the more time and thought you put into your project, the better your results.
Take time to think through the process, project into the future, imagine what you will actually be doing … the more troubleshooting you do before you begin, the better your chances for success.
- What supplies do you need?
- What information do you need?
- How much time do you need?
- Where will be the best place to work?
- Do you need help from a friend or colleague?
- Do you need to hire a professional to do part of the work?
- Do you need to consult with a professional for opinions and guidance?
I am not usually one to let fear or lack of experience get in my way when I have an idea. If I have my mind set on something, I like to ponder the idea, do some research and then think it through. Write it down, walk through it in my head, write some more and get into action! I like to learn as I go and physically experience what I am thinking of or trying to do, however not everyone processes information the same way.
I heard a lecture about how people learn and it was suggested that there are four types of learning styles. I imagine there are more but this is an interesting perspective. I wonder where you fit and if you know of more style — let me know, please!
- The person that needs to know WHY? Why do I need to know this information? How is it going to help me?
- The person that needs examples — WHAT — what will this do for me?
- The person that wants you to connect the dots — HOW — give me the step by step info
- The person that wants to know WHAT NOW? what do I need to do to make this work ? that’s me…
I believe it helps to know how you like to learn and what information you need to pursue a goal. I like to figure it out as I go along, picturing it in my head, VISUALIZING the end result, feeling myself doing it. The visualization process helps me to see what I need so that I can write it down on my task list. I like to organize my goals and tasks in a list with the tasks laid out to support the goal. It’s the best way for me to work toward the completion of a project. It reminds me of school, only the teacher did the work by laying out the lesson plans and telling the students what they needed to do. Now it’s my turn, I choose the goal, I develop the lesson plan, I pay attention to the details and I do the work for me ~ because I am important and I like to succeed!
[Tweet “Your mindset must be relentlessly focused on the smallest detail #LivingFitLifestyle”]